Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ...' this just got weird...' Marshall @ Olivet

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GoatCow#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2002
    Posts
    303
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the STOREY......

    I was joined in Olivet last night by Mr. & Mrs. Mains, Big City/Country Mains, Mama & Bryan Horn. We made the journey to not only see the Storey boys in action, but to support the Storey family.

    To get to Olivet HS, you sorta have to drive off of the main road. I was cool, my doors were locked.... And all of a sudden, a guy appears in the road with a flashlight, and he's directing traffic-the only traffic on the road was me at the time. So, I crack my window a bit and explain that I was looking for the game. He didn't say anything, he just pointed the flashlight into the direction of the parking lot. I saw other people!!!! Some with Marshall jackets, cool..... I go in and enter the gym, looking for ANYONE that knows ME!
    Mr. Storey spotted me-as did everyone else/more on this later-, and we talked a bit and I explained that I was waiting for more CDBA people to show up. I go back into the lobby, make a phone call to tell someone where I was at-no GPS on my phone-. A few minutes later, in comes the Horn's & Mains'.
    I look at Bryan and say to him that I was glad that he showed up, now there are 2 of us >SMILE< * Put it this way: I was Jackie Robinson, and Bryan was Larry Doby. Check your history on those 2 names to get the joke. *

    We all walk into the gym, and Mrs. Storey greets all of us at the door. We sit opposite the bench of Marshall along with the Storey's and Mrs. Storey's Parents.
    The teams were going through warm-ups and it was strange seeing Ryan & Shane in different colors/other than our Royal & White ha,ha,.
    A cool moment during warm-ups is one that would make Kevin proud! Ryan and Shane crossed paths during lay-ups, and Ryan pats Shane on the back..-you know, he showed some love.

    Shane started at the 4/Ryan is the Olivet 6th man.
    At 3:47 of the 1st quarter, Ryan checked into the game. He entered the game and GUARDED SHANE! Mama Horn let's out the soon to be famous "THIS JUST GOT WEIRD"!
    Yes, it was weird. We all anticipated this moment, but until it actually took place, most of us didnt know what to think or what to feel. I was seated just in front of Mr. & Mrs. Storey, and I could feel the tension.
    I didnt like the fact that Ryan guarded Shane, but I later found out that his coach gave him the assignment.
    Shane pulled down 4 boards in the quarter and had 1 dime. In the 2nd quarter, Ryan fouled Shane on a field goal attempt, this was a goofy moment as the announcer said 'foul on #31-Storey. #33-Storey at the line'.

    RYAN: still great with his footwork on D. Didn't knock down any of his FG attempts. His old buddies seemed to play inspired D on him-as if there would be sprints if RYAN scored. RYAN played within the concept of his team-like Shaq on Christmas Day. Olivet got the win, and that's what RYAN wanted. RYAN wasn't bothered by the Marshall student section either.

    SHANE: bulked up since the Parchment open gym, and has dropped about 12lbs. Played better than average D. Scored on a nice move to the basket, and in the CDBA highlight of the night-SHANE missed a 2 handed dunk on a fast break! Yo, SHANE was waaaayyyyy up there. He was high enough that Bryan's eyes lit up.

    To the Storey family: we were there in support of you all. Scott, please dont thank us anymore>SMILE<.

    Andy Mains turned 17 at the game! He and his parents celebrated at the game-2 Gatorade's and popcorn!

    ***Note to Alex Wolf: your update is coming soon***

    -Darryl

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jumpman23021's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    ****o from O-town! Thanks again for the support: Darryl, Lynn, Bryan, Andy, and Mr. and Mrs. Mains! Scott and I really appreciated all the company in the stands! Thanks for showing our family "LOVE". Hope to see all of you soon! We'll post the update from the Breslin. Lisa

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Buzz620's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    **Hey, it was great fun to see the Storey's, Mains and Darryl again. What a difference from the 110 degree heat in Vegas to the snowy country roads of Olivet!

    Storey's...I need an email address, other than Lisa's school one, to send a couple of photo's to.

    Bryan and I have tried to think of the various ways to get out of a trip to Muskegon on Thursday so we can go to the Breslin but, so far, my mother isn't buying any of it. Darn mothers!

    Another big Happy Birthday to Andy...even though the guy didn't announce it at the game!!

    Happy New Year everyone!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jumpman23021's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Lynn! I would love to see the pictures! You can send them to Shane's e-mail address. ([email protected]) Thank you again! Lisa

  5. #5
    Inactive Member GoatCow#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2002
    Posts
    303
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Mama Horn: I recall it being over 120 every day that we were in Vegas! I see the heat is still getting to you! ha,ha,...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Buzz620's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, actually, I believe it was my "boss" who was getting to me in Vegas....haha! Yes folks, we still fight like siblings.....now, if we could just get him to ALWAYS listen to the big sis! I was right about the walking taco's..and sometimes right about the pickles!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •